Monday, November 17, 2008

Knowing compassionately

[The writer's] job is to see people as they really are, and to do this, you have to know who you are in the most compassionate possible sense. Then you can recognize others.
Anne Lamott, pp. 97-98

We are called to be kind. Love others as you love yourself may not be so easy. In knowing ourselves in the most compassionate way, we open the door for authenticity and trust. We are also invited to take the risks associated with speaking and living truth.

In humility, I might come to have a better sense, some day, of what that means. I am grateful for the companions who help show the way.

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful Anastasia, I see you have added a link to my blog on compansions. Very cool. I am grateful to you, my companion, and I love your words, in their simplicity is great depth.

    ReplyDelete