Monday, December 15, 2008

Watching, Waiting

As I walked down the hill this morning, trying to be a fraction mindful, in the near dark I saw two deer ahead crossing the road. I tried to move quietly and looked carefully to see if they would still be along side when I passed the place where they had crossed.

My watchfulness was rewarded. There in the meadow the two stood. From my perspective, they were watching and waiting for me. We stood looking at each other for a while--in the dark still I was appreciating this early morning gift. (Was I gift to them--or just another potential danger?)

In setting out on the journey that would prove to be the beginning of the Maryknoll Sisters Missionary Congregation, Mother Mary Joseph Rogers said, "Let's just go and see what God has in store for us."

Advent invites us to this watching and waiting for the mystery of God's love revealing itself every day.

1 comment:

  1. My dear Anastasia, you were the gift of them, as the deer waited for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete